How to Find amethyst shards in Minecraft
amethyst is a new material in the Minecraft game introduced with the first part of the Caves and Cliffs update to its Minecraft game. Of course in Minecraft we’ll have to wait until the second half of the update to find out the new biomes but the blocky world of Mojang brings lots of other things to get excited about, such as Minecraft axolotl and new, vibrant glowing berries and more.
Amethyst is a crystalline material in the Minecraft game. It has various ‘evolution’ stages, blocks associated with it, which can be a bit confusing at first. But this guide we’ve come up with today should help answer any questions you may have. Today we will tell you about Minecraft Amethyst, including where to find it in Minecraft and what you can make with Shards.
Also Read : How to Make a Lightning Rod in Minecraft
How to Find Amethyst Shards in Minecraft
It is very unfortunate that you will not find it lying anywhere. To get it, you must first hunt down a amethyst geode. The best news is that these are very easy to spot. Geodes are large, circular structures with an outer layer of basalt. They can be found mostly at the base, between y = 70, although you might get lucky and be partially exposed on the surface.
Once you locate the geode in Minecraft, you have to break the first two layers and place the amethyst inside. Mining amethyst clusters will knock down amethyst sharps with an iron pickaxe or even better.
What can players make with amethyst pieces
Now that players have worked so hard to collect them, players may be wondering what they can make out of amethyst pieces. Luckily the answers are here, so make a crafting table and take a look:
• What the player will need: 1x Amethyst Shard, 2x Copper Ingot
• What it does: Players can use it to zoom in on specific locations.
- What the player will need: 4x Amethyst Shards
- What it does: It looks great as a decorative block.
- What the player will need: 4x Amethyst Edge, 1x Glass Block
- What it does: It blocks light.
Also Read : How to Build a Glow Squid Farm in Minecraft
What are amethyst bunches and buds?
Amethyst comes in different types of blocks in Minecraft game, it can seem very confusing to the player at first. But once you get an idea that these mainly refer to different developmental stages, it all becomes a little clearer to the player.
- Budding Amethyst: This amethyst is the ‘base’ block found inside the ground. Players cannot mine them.
- Amethyst bud: This refers to the early three stages of amethyst development found on budding amethysts. Players can easily obtain these by mining them with the Silk Touch Enchanted Pickaxe.
- Amethyst Cluster: This is the fourth and final stage of development. During mining in this stage, they remove the edge of the amethyst.
If you want to know more about Minecraft then definitely click on this link.